Sunday, October 21, 2007

Is this proper card etiquette?

When I get stressed and feel like the world is about to crash down, there are many things that I LOVE to do to relieve that stressful feeling. One of them is to make cards. I have a passion for homemade cards. I love creating them and I love to send them out to people. It is not that I want them to acknowledge how awesome the card is (okay, maybe sometimes they are not that awesome), it is that I have created it from my heart. I had a roommate one time that told me that if she ever received a store purchased card from me--she knew that our friendship is over. Oh, I really need to be careful not to send anyone that thinks that a store purchased card from me is an end to our friendship.




So, when Sariah (our enrichment counselor) asked me to create 12 cards that can be taught for Super Saturday, I was in complete heaven. Maybe with the week that I had, I would not have stayed up till 3am cutting little pieces of paper--but I was still in heaven--creating and cutting! It really did not seem like it was 3am when I looked at the clock. Thank goodness for TNT (Cable TV) for the fun movies that were being played at that time of the morning.

Super Saturday was a hit--if I might say so myself. There were 7 of us that made 12 cards that day-5 others to teach another day. But, amongst the 4 hours that it took to create these cards (I forget the speed of the non-cardmakers), we had a blast laughing and giggling. The joke through out the day was "Is this proper card etiquette?" All in all it was a fabulous day!!!

7 comments:

Gerb said...

Can you come teach cards at our Super Saturday? Cause that's what I'd LOVE to make!

Your card is beautiful...I can't wait for you to see my pukey ones next month. You are so talented!

Cami said...

Really...will you? You know I'm the enrichment leader now, so...
If you want to, we'd be MORE than happy to have you come teach us how to make beautiful cards!

Chelle! said...

Hey--I am game for anything. Okay, not anything, but cardmaking--I am always willing.

julie said...

The cards are great, i have such great compliments when i give cards you have made. I relieve stress when I read a good book or wash the dishes. My sisters when they play the piano. have a great day. keep up the good work

Maleen said...

Man, our super Saturday was this last weekend, and I didn't do much because I was just happy that I wasn't in charge this year. But if your cards had been there, I would definitely have done them. Maybe I'll see you next year at Super Saturday (wink).

Cami said...

Or, maybe we could just have a girls night, and make fun cards. Whaddaya think?

Chelle! said...

That would be simply fabulous!!!