Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Four Agreements: A Personal Guide to Personal Freedom

 

th

When I arrived at church today my dear friend, Lena, told me that I needed to read this chapter in her book that she had been reading for class.  She is attending the Institute of Healing Arts. She said that when she was reading it, she knew that this was something that I needed to read. I have been struggling with a few things and as I read, I became more intrigued about what this book had to offer.   I put the book away during church but once I arrived home,  I began reading and reading. I couldn’t put the book down. There were a lot of amazing provoking thoughts coming from this brain of mine and I knew that I needed to keep reading.

Anyways, a few minutes ago, I finished the book. I have written down lots of thoughts and quotes, set some goals and it leaves my brain thinking…thinking….thinking…..  I know that there are a zillion file folders in my head that need to be dusted off, folded together and put back in the filing cabinet. There will be definitely a lot thinking going on for quite some time.

As I perusing the internet, I found a summary of the book…typed up in a cute and colorful form. 

4 Agreements

If you would like a thought provoking book, this might be a good and easy read for you.  I truly enjoyed many parts of it.

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This is really intriguing to me, I think I might want to read it. Especially the first blocks, where it says to "avoid The Word" to speak against yourself - that part interests me. Thanks for the recommendation.

Maleen said...

I really needed to hear (read) some of that right now. I had an incident recently that really got my gears turning and wondering where the line is. Do I let others words and actions affect me and my family??

Good for contemplation.