Friday, January 24, 2014

OUCH!!!

Last September, I was flossing my teeth when a filling came loose from one of my molars. I went to the dentist and as he was probing and checking out things, he found that inside a couple of my roots on this particular tooth was little razor type things. The previous dentist had performed a root canal on that tooth many years ago and had left the little cleaning razors inside my roots. Who knew? Not Me. The result from this procedure has created a lot of scar tissue surrounding the tooth, in my sinus cavity and has affected the bone. He cleaned as much as he could and he ended up having to perform an extraction. He then referred me to a periodontist. AW…I don’t like going to the dentist and a periodontist even was scarier for me. Thank goodness that the periodontist is amazingly nice and he has an incredible office staff that made me feel welcome and at ease. Good thing because I will now be part of their patient load for the next two years. L

Razzamatazz88So…this past Tuesday, I went in for surgery. I had to have a bone augmentation on my upper jaw and my lower one…something like moving some bone stuff from one side to the other. Leaving the surgical center with 48 stitches, pain pills, antibiotics, nausea pills and bottled water, I settled down at Mom and Dad’s for the rest of the week. I don’t think that I have ever had so much pain. The pain was intense and all I could eat was soft cold foods for the first 48 hours. Once I was able to get the food down, it just came back up. I am not sure if you have ever had oral surgery but the pain sure does intensify when it comes back up.

What did I learn from all of this…my parents are awesome, friends who show up with cold delicious Jamba Juice are, fantastic, pain pills create horrible long emotional dreams and pills for nausea are worth their money in GOLD? I cannot say that I am grateful for this experience but I am grateful that I am healing and for the many prayers said in my behalf.

But…I cannot wait until all 48 stitches come out of my mouth!!

OUCH!!!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Mouth surgeries are the worst! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! Hopefully when it's all done, your smile and bones will look fantastic.

Maleen said...

Wow. You and Vieve have some of the most interesting mouth adventures. Since that was a while ago, I hope you are feeling no pain and your mouth is back to normal.