Thursday, January 16, 2014

I am strong!!

Today was an emotional difficult day.  I don’t think that I have felt so bad in such a long time.  There was an incident this morning that tore at my heart.  You know those moments where you feel like you are getting to the point where you are completely strong and then, someone says something, or yor receive an unwanted note or an unpleasant phone call.  Well, this morning, I received such that…the thing that tears at your heart and you are unable to gain control so tears frantically flood down your cheeks and rest gently on your desk.  You feel like you are not even worth more than the scum of the earth.

Then, you receive a sweet kind text from a dear friend who treasures your heart and soul.  Even though your heart feels like it is breaking, you know that there are people who truly care…those who love you for your faults and your weaknesses and those that could care less about what others might think about you.  How I treasure those types of friendships.  How precious are the friendships that will laugh with you but will cry with you in times that you need to let everything out?!  I am so grateful for those types of friends.  True friends.  True friends that do not judge.  True friends that do not worry if you are a boy or girl; young or old; fat or skinny; black or white; popular or not popular.  Those are friends that I adore…simply adore.  I hope that I am one of those friends…friends that you don’t doubt where you stand in their life. and is completely loyal. 

As thoughts and emotions ran rapid through this brain of mine, I started to reflect on the many experiences that I have had…good and bad. 

Then, a quote showed up in my email inbox:

2342c8f4ad848271b3d2f1074cf57494

…and then a sweet comment accompanying it…You are strong.  I know it!!!  Love you so much!!

Then, the world seems a little more brighter.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm so sorry about this crappy day. You are an amazing person, and I hope you see that as well. :)