Wednesday, April 9, 2008

the sunshine & happiness deliverer club

Have you ever had those days when you wake up in the morning and things are just not going how you planned them to go? Well, this was my day. I just wanted to crawl back in bed, go to sleep and wake up on a different day. But, that was not going to be the case. So, it was off to work that I went. When I arrived at my desk..this is what I found on my desk....



It was from my Secret Sister. I think that she was completely in tuned with her sweet gift today. I, definitely, think that she really knew that I needed something cheery today. Secret Sis, if you happen to pass by my blog, "THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT!"

What is a Secret Sister? Let me share...I have a couple of awesome friends that decided that it would be a lot of fun to have Secret Sisters for this entire year. Their goal was to bring a lot of sunshine amongst their friends, so they put in place "The Happiness & Sunshine Deliverers Club" . Okay, that is what I call it--not an official name or anything--in fact, it really is not a club--you don't' have to pay dues (just random acts of kindness) and there is not a restriction on who plays. They just have to be willing to deliver happiness & sunshine.

So, I was thinking...not too long ago, I watched the movie, "A Bed of Roses." Every time, I watch that movie, I think that it would be so awesome to deliver flowers to people and just watch the smiles that come upon their faces. So, I was thinking, if a flower delivery person can deliver happiness and smiles when he or she is delivering flowers--why can't a secret sister deliver happiness and sunshine to a wonderful friend? So, this is the post that I dedicate to my "happiness & sunshine deliverer"! You are amazing. Oh, and to the Secret Sister that I have...I think you are too cool!!! (Nope, I will not reveal who I have--shh!!! It is a secret!!)

Again, Secret Sister, thanks so much for bringing a bit of happiness & sunshine into my life today!! You are the coolest!!!

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Aw...must be nice to be part of a special club! I'm glad you got a gift yesterday to brighten things up!

Ker said...

Very cool! I am glad your day was brightened too....that was the day of my 9000 calls. Aaaaaawwwww!

Gerb said...

I want a secret sister...where do I sign up?!