Tuesday, April 22, 2008

German Pancakes--so deliciousness!!!

When it comes to the yard and the garden, my mom is 100% amazing. So, when it comes to my patio and planting flowers…I call Mom. For the past few days, we have been purchasing flowers, plants, planters and bark for my patio. Anyway, tonight, we pulled all those stupid weeds (yes, weeds are stupid), pulled out a bush and cut down a tree. It looks so much nicer!!! Yea!! I am excited about how it is coming along. We get to plant the flowers on Saturday...oh, I am so excited!!! I will indeed have to take pictures and share. Thanks Mom for all your help!!

So, for dinner, I decided to make a special treat for my Mom. German Pancakes. Okay, I have been craving these for quite sometime and since Mom has never had them, I decided to make them for her. Yes, German Pancakes for dinner—such deliciousness!


Here is my recipe for German Pancakes!!!

Ingredients
6 eggs
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
4 tbsp. butter


Directions:
1. Butter a 13 x 9” pan
2. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Beat eggs, flour, salt and milk in blender.
4. Pour the batter into the skillet & drop the butter by teaspoonfuls into the batter, spreading evenly.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 mins.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 10 mins.
7. Remove from oven and sift powdered sugar over the top.
8. Serve with heated maple syrup!



4 comments:

Gerb said...

I love these things. I made them for my kids one Sunday awhile back and they didn't disappoint!

Unknown said...

Those look amazing. I love german pancakes!!! I will have to try your recipe...we call them dutch babies in our family :)!

¡Vieve! said...

Does the maple syrup have to be heated? Because if so, I'm out. That's too much work.

Ker said...

Michelle these are our faves! We have them every sunday morning! we too call them dutch babies. we eat ours with powdere sugar, or heated (sorry Vieve) syrup, and sometimes a berry syrup if it is on hand. Delish!