Thursday, April 17, 2008

slow drivers...use the slow lane!!! (please)



I would probably say that I am a pretty patient person. While I am driving in the car, I love to listen the radio and sing along. If I have to wait in traffic--no big deal. If I am waiting in a line, I watch people. I love to watch their reactions to certain situations. I love to listen to people. BUT!!But, I absolutely have no patience nor tolerance when a person is driving in the fast lane at a pace of 60 miles per hour--especially in rush hour traffic. That is 5 under the designated Speed Limit!! Anyway, I encounterd a truck that was doing just that--driving SLOW!!!

I had class in Sandy that I had committed to attend. It started at 6:30 pm. So, I gave myself plenty of time to get there. No big deal...I left work, turned up the radio and entered the freeway. I had planned on there being a lot of traffic. So, I left earlier than normal--you know planning ahead. Usually, traffic does not bother me. In fact, I do have to admit, I LOVE to drive in L.A. traffic during rush hour. I think that it is an adventure--love it, love it, LOVE IT!! All those freeways connecting together...what a thrill!!


So, back to the story...I entered the freeway and immediately merged over to the the "fast lane". You know the lane that is next the HOV lane? I am driving at a good speed (5 over the speed limit) when I come up to a truck. YEP, A truck that is going 60 miles per hour in the fast lane. Personally, I think that he is in his own little world!!! I followed him forever. There was no getting around him. A semi was in the middle lane--driving not even a car length behind this dude in the truck. So, I slowed down, got behind the semi and then merged over to the right lane. Finally, the car that was not even a car length in front of the semi-exited off the freeway. I passed the semi and then merged into the middle lane. No matter what I tried, I could not get over in front of him....then, out of no where...here comes "white Audi dude"--he passes the truck dude and gets in front of him...slows down and YIPPEE!!! I am able to get in front of him and the truck dude was history. I just did not have patience today for Mr. Truck Dude to be driving UNDER the speed limit in the FAST lane!!! Why do people do that? It just baffles me!!! My opinion, if you are driving slow...there is a lane especially for that--USE IT!!!



4 comments:

Cami said...

AMEN!!!

Coming from Indiana, where there is only a slow lane and a fast lane, this completely baffled me as well.

The other day I got stuck behind an elderly man going 55 in the fast lane. Ahhhhh! Talk about frustrating!

Maleen said...

I admit that I am not a speeder, and I have plenty of people pass my in frustration, although I usually go about 68-72 (a little over the speed limit), but trust me, I stay OUT of the fast lane. I am no fool! Especially when the average speed is 87 on the freeway.

¡Vieve! said...

When people go slow in the fast lane, it makes me want to hit them with my car. But then I remember my car is the size of a deck of cards, and would get smashed to bits. But still...it could be worth it.

Gerb said...

Did they have Idaho plates on their car? 'Cuz that's always who I get stuck behind. I think some people may not get the whole "slow/fast lane" concept. They think it's just a freeway and you drive where and how you please.

By the way, I also enjoyed rush-hour traffic in L.A. (as long as I wasn't in a hurry...) It's the best place to people-watch!