Saturday, April 19, 2008

it was a windfest--not a tulip festival

Today, I had to the opportunity of working a 3 hour shift at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I love the flowers and I love The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. So, when I was asked to work a shift at the Tulip Festival, I was excited. I was thankful that Maleen had posted earlier in the week that the Tulips had not bloomed at Thanksgiving Point.


So, when I arrived, I was not disappointed that there were no tulips. I feel bad for all those that had traveled from all over to see this spectacular sight, but in reality--NOT to see this spectacular sight. I would have been so sad.

But, instead of a tulip festival we had a wind festival. I could not believe how windy it was. There was so much wind. It was too crazy. Along with the wind, there was so much dust. Everything was so dusty. It was completely entertaining.

As for the Tulips, I am sure that all those that were taking pictures, will have the similiar 2 spots of Tulips in their scrapbooks. I am grateful to Maleen for the heads up on where the Tulips were in bloom, this year. They were much easier to find when someone has already spotted them out for you. I do have to add that when all the gardens are in bloom--it is a spectacular site!!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm glad you didn't get blown over-I swear nothing should have been left standing at the end of the day!

kcsars said...

Hey, Michelle! We had the same experience at the tulip festival....we saw a lot of twigs, and stems; although the rose garden and waterfeatures seemed to measure up to full expectation for this time of year! ;-)