Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Acura…it can do anything especially transport ladders.

I have vaulted ceilings in my home and I absolutely I love them.  There is just something about them that makes a home feel spacious and if you know me, I love space.  But there is one thing that I do not like about vaulted ceilings…it is changing the smoke detectors and the lights. They are too hard to reach.  I don’t own a ladder…I am scared of heights so purchasing a ladder hasn’t been on the forefront of my mind. 

Anyway, the light bulbs in my bedroom died.  I tried every possible way to create a way to change them without a ladder.  There isn’t a way.  No matter how many books, boxes or crates you can stack on a stool (ok…I am pretty sure that I have been being watched after because I did not ever fall from any of these contraptions) will make you tall enough to reach the light. 

After going days without having light in my bedroom, I decided that I needed to get a ladder.  Not having sufficient light in my house frightens me like no other.  Yes, you are learning a lot of my weaknesses in this little post.  Anyway, I decided that I had enough.  I needed light.  So,I decided to borrow a ladder from my parent’s home.  I drove over to their home and retrieved the ladder from their shop.  As I was standing next to my car, I realized that the ladder wasn’t going to fit.  I looked at the ladder…looked at my car…looked at my ladder.  Hmm…what was I going to do?  Not having light in my bedroom was freaking me out…just a little.  I needed to figure out how to get this ladder into my car.  My car is little but I was bound and determined to make it work.

2013-05-04_17.26.51

Then, I remembered that my front seats in my car go completely flat.  Aw…this is awesome.  I lowered the passenger seat down until it was completely flat.  I placed the ladder inside my car and it fit.  Yes, it fit.  I was so proud of myself.  

2013-05-04_17.27.45

Aw…I love my Acura.  It brings a smile to my face. 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Your car is pretty dang spiffy, and how awesome that you can fit a ladder in your car. Did the light bulb switching go well? Hopefully you've let some light in!