Monday, June 10, 2013

Collecting Soda Pop Tabs!

I read a message on Facebook a little over a week ago that read, “We are making a camp craft with soda top tabs. Will all my soda drinking friends help us collect enough tabs?” My brain started turning…I could help a friend out with this. Surely, not by drinking that much diet coke but I have my ways.  HA HA!  I work with a lot of soda pop drinking friends and we could accomplish this in no time.

2013-06-17_11.36.04

The next morning, I placed a notification on our company’s website asking for soda pop tabs and put a little bowl on my filing cabinet next to my desk. Within fifteen minutes, I had accumulated 431 soda pop tabs. Later that day, I received another 524. At this point we were up to 955 soda tabs. I can’t believe that we had that many turned in and it has only been the first day. HALUEIGH!

The next day, we received another 925!!!

2013-06-06_11.34.55

My trusty amazing friend counted them for me…and counted them…and counted them.

2013-06-07_11.34.58

Success!!! I hope that 1880 soda pop tabs will create plenty of bracelets. I am excited to see them when they are finished.

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Thank you times a MILLION from our ward! You guys made this part of gathering supplies for our craft SO EASY! We are so grateful!!

¡Vieve! said...

I can't believe how many soda pop tabs you accumulated! It was so easy - and now I want to make that craft too!