Thursday, June 13, 2013

My quilt…

I woke up in the middle of the night (very common for me) and was a little cold. I grabbed one of the blankets that end of my bed to wrap up in. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that the blanket that I grabbed was a quilt. This beautiful quilt was given to me by one of my friends, Michelle.

2013-06-17_22.47.39

It is simply beautiful and it is something that I truly cherish. As I was folding it and putting it back in its proper place, I noticed that there were lots of different sizes of pieces that make up this beautiful quilt. I noticed the heart…and a thought popped into my brain.

2013-06-17_22.49.18

We all have many things that shape our hearts…some are sad; some are happy; some bring us comfort; and some bring us sorrow. As I looked at the heart, I realized that even though I have experienced many different emotions, I am grateful for what my heart is today. This beautiful quilt reminds me of a quote I once read.

Our lives are like quilts –

bits and pieces,

joy and sorrow,

stitched with love.

-Anonymous

I am grateful for this beautiful quilt. Michelle has an amazing talent and I know that she has shared it with so many people. I am grateful to be the recipient of one of her treasures.

Thank you, Michelle; this priceless quilt is one of my most favorite treasures.

~Michelle

3 comments:

Gerb said...

I love quilts! This one is beautiful - the colors, the pattern, everything. What a sweet friend you have to make such a beautiful thing for you!

¡Vieve! said...

That's awesome - a great quote and a great quilt.

Traci said...

I haven't read you blog, or anyone else's, for a long time. I love your insight and your wit. And that quilt is awesome. I'm especially a sucker for anything with hearts on it.