Monday, June 3, 2013

My cute little pink flower.

2013-05-31_19.09.56Every time I get inside my car, I notice a cute little pink flower looking back at me.  It brings a smile to my face and a giggle to my heart.  Why does this flower bring so much happiness to me?  I would love to share how this simple air freshener came into my life.  One morning, I jumped in my car and smelled a strange odor.  I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from.  The night before, I had thoroughly cleaned the inside of my car.  I vacuumed it.  I cleaned the inside and outside windows.  I wiped down the dashboard, seats, and the doors with these awesome leather wipes. The outside was washed to perfection.  My car looked spectacular.  

So…where was this odor coming from? 

I knew that there wasn’t anything inside my car causing this strange smell.  I rolled down my windows and went about my day.  After work, I got back in my car and noticed the same odor.  I looked under my seats and found nothing.  Every day for a week…yes, a week, this smell kept getting stronger and stronger.   I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from.  I wondered it was the wipes that I used.  I opened the container and smelled them…they smelled simply delightful.  The odor was not coming from the wipes.  Where was it originating? 

Throughout the week, I had friends in and out of my car.  None of them had commented on the smell.  Am I the only one that could smell this weird odor?  As the week progressed, the smell (at least to me) was getting worse. 

Fast forward 7 days…

I was at my parents home and we decided to go grab a bite to eat.  Since my car was in the driveway,  we decided to take it.  I get into the drivers side (and I notice the smell) and then, my mom gets in the car, she immediately  asks what that smell is.   I told her that I cannot figure it out.  I explained to her that I had been smelling something all week long and I can’t figure out what it was.  A few minutes later, my dad gets in the back seat and asks what that HORRIBLE smell is.  I told him that I cannot figure out where it is coming from.  He said it is coming through the vents.  He checked under the seats. He looked all around the back seat…nothing.  I felt bad for my dad because the smell was worse in the back seat.

Later that evening, the smell was driving me crazy.  I checked the under the seats again.  I checked every where inside the car.  I couldn’t figure it out.  THEN…I opened my trunk!

I almost gagged.

I couldn’t figure out where the smell was coming from but it was AWFUL!!   All I  have in my trunk is a emergency backpack and a blanket.  I looked closer.  There was a plastic bag sticking from beneath the back-pack.  I grabbed it and looked inside…it was full of hamburger.  YES…HAMBURGER.  The week before, I had gone grocery shopping.  I thought that I had purchased some hamburger but couldn’t find it when I was putting my groceries away.  I had checked my trunk and didn’t see it.  It had been sitting in my hot trunk for 7 days smothered underneath my backpack.   SEVEN DAYS!!!   

I almost lost everything that I had eaten.  It was SICK!!!  The smell was HORRENDOUS!!!   I gagged all way to the dumpster.  I cannot believe that I had been driving around in my car with raw hamburger in my trunk for seven days. Seven warm days.

After a couple boxes of baking soda and vinegar…the smell finally went away.  It was awful.  Now…it was time for an air freshener.  I was walking down the isle at Target and this adorable little pink flower smiled at me.  It was perfect.  It smelled amazingly delicious and it was happy. HA HA   I needed a little bit of happiness after dealing with that disgusting mishap. 

Note to all…make sure that you don’t leave any hamburger in your car. 

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Oh man, I still can't believe this whole thing. I really thought I had imagined the smell, because you hadn't said anything either! Thank goodness the smell is out of your car, and that helpful pink flower makes it smell good.

Angela said...

anyone that rode in you car and didn't mention the smell to funny they probably noticed and dead hamburger is the worst but chicken is in worse. It would probably make me not want to eat it for awhile.So glad you found it and got an air freshner