Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunflowers…

I love sunflowers.  Whenever I see them, I think of this day.  That particular day was a huge moment in my life, I was just called as the Stake YW President.  I was scared.  I was excited.  I was fearful.  I was feeling inadequate.   I was going through so many emotions  and I knew that I needed to go for a long walk.  I still remember coming upon that single sunflower growing in the midst of so many weeds. 

2012-10-05 19.00.39

Since that day, I have experienced many happy and exciting moments plus plenty of heart wrenching moments.  But, I know that through of all those moments in my life, my love for our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ has been immensely strengthened.  I have witnessed so many times in my life where I have felt them ever so close.  I am so grateful. 

2012-10-05 19.00.12

A week or so ago, I was on my run/walk when I happened to come upon a beautiful group of sunflowers.  They were on the edge of someone’s property.  I saw them from a distance and as I was getting closer, the peacefulness of that day three years ago brought wonderful memories to my heart and mind.  As I reflected on that one sunflower, I couldn’t believe the amazing peace that was entering every fiber of my body.  I was so grateful for the special day in the past and now as I stood before a group of sunflowers, I was grateful to be taken back to that day and to reflect on how much I have grown.  I love sweet powerful memories. 

Sunflowers will always have a peaceful place in my heart which brings so many wonderful memories.  I know that I needed to come across this group of sunflowers on this particular day…just like I came across that single sunflower a few years ago.  I love remembering such wonderful memories.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Michelle

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How fab that sunflowers have such a special memory for you. They are definitely one of the prettiest flowers.

Angela said...

so the whole group of sunflowers are all your YW and memories how sweet. Lots of hard work too but worth it

Chelle! said...

Vieve...I do love sunflowers. I wish they were out all year long.
Angela...It is definitely a lot of work but I absolutely love it.