Sunday, August 23, 2009

just thoughts…

Today I decided to go for a walk. Since, the weather seemed to be so perfect for a stroll through the neighborhoods; I decided to take advantage of it. I have had a lot of thoughts going on throughout my head that have been just jumbled together, flying around in circles—coming here, going there. I needed to sort through those thoughts and put them in the proper file and order. So, I thought that the fresh air would bring a sense of freshness to them.

At one point along my walk, I came upon a field. I was admiring the fresh cut hay (at least, I think that it was hay…) when I noticed this sunflower. It was growing amongst all of these weeds. The color was so vibrant compared to the ugliness of all that was surrounding it. Of course, this added another thought amongst all those other jumbled thoughts inside my head.DSC00130

Thoughts…many thoughts!

How is this sunflower surviving being entangled amongst these obnoxious weeds?

How do you survive when all the ugliness of the world is surrounding you?

Thoughts…turned to my personal prayers and to my scripture reading. I am so grateful for the testimony of these two amazing things.

After 5 hours of walking…yes, 5 hours…did you know that if you walk and walk…you still have to turn around and come back the same distance that you traveled? Interesting concept, isn’t it?

I’m grateful for the time to spend outside in the beautiful sunshine just thinking about everything. Plus, I am thankful for a pleasant friend that I ran into on my walk. My dear Friend, thanks for listening!!! I love you tons!

Just thinking…

Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Beautiful thoughts, Michelle. Thanks for making ME think, too! You are awesome.

¡Vieve! said...

That walk sounds divine-if not a little too long for my taste. Fun to run into a friend!