Sunday, April 22, 2012

Who makes you smile?

Take a moment and think about those people in  your life that you make you smile.

Why do they make you smile?

Do they encourage you to be best YOU?

Do they laugh with you?

Do they cry with you?

Well…I was able to spend time with one of these types of people today.

Meet my dear friend….Sidney!

402194_2689753715939_1019362449_32843378_263656734_n

Let me share a few things that I love about Sidney.  Sidney loves to be happy and live life to the fullest.  She easily makes friends and has a positive influence on anyone that she meets.  One thing that I absolutely love about her is that she has such a love for people.  She is kind and tender hearted.  One minute you are laughing and giggling with her, the next minute you have tears falling from your eyes as you listen to one of her powerful stories.

Well, today, Sidney spent most of the afternoon with me.  We laughed. We talked.  We made a delicious salad together. (Ok…she made the salad, I supervised).  We attended my little niece’s birthday barbecue.  It was a lot of fun to have her along.  At one point, we were approached by my sister-in-law’s dad.  He asked if Sidney was my daughter.  We both started laughing.  We had a great time!!

As I was thinking about the events that took place today, I started thinking about the comment that was made.  If I did have a daughter, I would love for her to be like Sidney.  She has so many positive characteristics and such a special spirit about her.  I am grateful that she is apart of my life.  I do cherish her sweet friendship.

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

I LOVE this girl! I don't know how anyone who knows her can't just love her. What a sweetheart.

¡Vieve! said...

She seems like a good girl - maybe some day I'll get to meet her!