Tuesday, July 28, 2009

just a random post…

I have this ouchy thing in my heart.  It is that feeling when you are kind of sad because of something or someone and then, your heart just simply hurts.  I don’t like that ouchy feeling.  Anyway, it is has been that way for quite sometime.  No matter how hard I try to make that ouchy feeling go away, something happens and it grows and grows to even a bigger OUCHY!!  I don’t know how to handle it…it is just weird and strange. 

On Tuesday, I went to a BBQ with the young women that attended our Stake camp.  I have to admit, that my heart was feeling a tad bit ouchy.  Plus, I was not feeling all that great.  I thought that I was getting a summer cold.  So, attending this event was bringing on that ouchy feeling even more then usual.  

I had been at the BBQ for about an hour when one of the other leaders decided to leave so, I followed her out the door.  I did not want to stay any longer.  When I arrived at my car, I had forgotten that I had left my tables.  So, I headed back in.  Before I approached the gate, several young women came skipping out yelling, “Sister Gren, Sister Gren!”  They gave me hugs and DANG that ouchy feeling was getting stronger!!!  Oh, I love these sweet girls.  They have been such a great example in my life. 

As I headed to the back yard, I noticed that my tables still had BBQ items on them.  What was I going to do?  I decided to go sit by these 4 girls that were sitting at another table.  I am so glad that I did.  For the next hour or so, we laughed and laughed.  We were acting all crazy! I am so grateful for these fabulous 4 young women…they were such an relief in my life tonight.  I know that I will be able to sleep tonight!!

Tonight, I learned that laughter can help heal an ouchy heart (or at least heal it for an hour or so.)

Thanks Natalia, Sandy, McKell and Abish.  You 4 are truly amazing!!!  Tonight, you are definitely my heroes!

Michelle

3 comments:

Gerb said...

I love how those girls can make a heart happy. You guys definitely looked like you were having a blast! I was sad when you left early and I didn't even get to visit with you. So I was happy you came back - and even though I still didn't get much chance to chat, it made me happy just to see you having so much fun with those girls!

¡Vieve! said...

Your ouchy heart makes me sad. :(

Ammie said...

laughter does do wonderful things! I'm sorry about your ouchy heart. I'm glad you got to forget about it for a while:)