Monday, July 27, 2009

Cookies…oh, how I love you!!

One of my friends, Vieve, loves to bake.  In fact, that is one of the great things that we have in common.  She finds all kinds of recipes, makes them, lets us taste them and then, shares the recipes with anyone who wants it.  It is great!!  I am grateful that she does this because I do not like to try out a recipe that is not going to work.  The whole sense of failure…just is not my game even when it comes to cooking!!

Anyway, she found the most delicious cookie recipe!!  Yes, they are so scrumptious that I wanted to share with all of you.  They are so simple and easy to make.  151291

German Chocolate Cake Cookies

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared coconut pecan frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and shortening until well blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Match up evenly sized cookies and sandwich them with the coconut pecan frosting.

Oh, so delicious!!!  Thanks Vieve for sharing this recipe with me!!!  (and whomever decides to try them out)

Michelle

P.S.  I am taking them to a BBQ…wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Those cookies look so delicious! I'm going to try making them. I love your blog :) It makes me so happy!

Gerb said...

I wondered where those little delights came from! Is it okay that I had two? (Okay, maybe I had THREE...)

¡Vieve! said...

Those cookies are too delish! I want some right now...

Ammie said...

I always need delicious and easy to make cookies! Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try them out.