Saturday, June 14, 2008

....it is all about traditions...


Tonight, my family (well, only a few of us--others chose not to come) went to the annual firework show for Art City Days in Springville. I have been going to these fireworks ever since I was a little girl. In fact, I could positively say that I probably have never missed a firework show in Springville since I was born. Let me share with you something...I really do not like fireworks. My parents tell me that I use to SCREAM during the whole firework show. I think that the BOOM scared me and still kind of makes me cringe. So, you can see, I have never liked fireworks...BUT, I hope I NEVER miss a showing.

The reasons why I hope I never miss a showing are as follows...

1. My family is there and I love being with my family!
2. Traditions are not made to be broken...they are important aspects of life and heritage!
3. The loud noise of the firework exploding in the sky is not as bad as it use to be!
4. Mom always brings popcorn and licorice to eat!
5. The colors of the fireworks are amazingly beautiful!
6. The fireworks showing means that summertime has just begun!
7. The expression of excitement on little Brylie's face was worth the BOOM of the fireworks.
8. There is not any other place better to be on a summer night...then...OUTSIDE!
9. The finale...not because it is the end...but, the amount of colorful fireworks that go up into the sky is the most incredible sight ever!!
10. But, most of all for tonight's fireworks show, the best thing was the scream of delight and the clap of the hands from little Brylie when the fireworks finale was over. That is what I would call PRICELESS!!!

I am grateful for this particular tradition!!! I would have to admit...I do love a firework show because that means I am with the people that I love!!!


3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I love fireworks! My favorite ones of all times are the ones at Disneyland.

I'm sad I missed these ones-I didn't even know there were any this weekend!

Maleen said...

I love fireworks too. But I am one of those really lame moms that lets my kids go to bed instead of keeping them up for the 10pm fireworks. Maybe this year we will make an exception.

Gerb said...

We enjoy what we can see from our front yard or window. But it's awesome that you stick with the tradition!