Sunday, June 22, 2008

a sleeping baby...


Now I understand that when someones says, "when you see a child sleeping, that is one of the greatest joys." I have never realized what that meant. I have always thought, oh, how sweet they look. They look like sweet little angels.

So, let me share with you the past 24 hours. My brother and SIL celebrated their 6 year anniversary this weekend. Early Saturday morning, they dropped off my adorable little niece, Brylie.

She is so much fun and we had a great time. We shopped, came home took a nap, shopped some more. She was a great sport! So, my question to all you parents out there...what do you do when you have to go to the bathroom and you have a 1 year old? I was in American Fork at Kohl's when this happened to me...So, I drove all the way to my house and went to the bathroom. I was so complexed...I had no clue what to do. Okay, now I am laughing at myself.

Later in the evening, we met up with Grandpa and Grandma for dinner at Bajio's. Then, it was off for a walk on a beautiful summer evening. Thinking that she might go to sleep on the walk since it was passed her bedtime...but, of course she did not. We read stories and more stories and had a great time. When she was ready to go to sleep...she did. So, now I understand what it means when you see a sleeping baby, that is one of the greatest joys. Ahh!!! So sweet!!! I am so exhausted. I did not realize how much a one year old does. Keeping her up was fun--but oh, so tiring!

This morning, when she woke up, she giggled and that was worth a sleepless night. She slept great...it was me. I worried over every little noise and movement. Crazy me!!

Bathtime was great!!! Water everywhere!!! Then, we watched Tigger and Pooh for quite sometime curled up on the couch. Oh, what a sweetheart. Thanks Shad and Jessica for sharing Brylie with me this weekend. It was LOTS of fun!!!




P.S. I borrowed this picture from Jessica's blog. My camera is acting a little shady.

6 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Sounds like you two had a fun and busy weekend! I don't know how you managed to watch a baby for that long!

Jess said...

Chell,
Thank you for taking her. I always know she will have lots of fun with you. She loves you so much. I am so thankful that you are always so willing to take her. Thanks again!
Jess

Gerb said...

How do you go to the bathroom with a 1-year-old? Bring them in the handicapped stall with you! Sometimes I can fit the whole shopping cart in there with me. I mean, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I don't think any of my kids are scarred from it.

If you ever need more nieces and nephews, feel free to adopt any of mine. You are an awesome aunt.

Maleen said...

Seriously, I love my kids, but there are moments when they are all sleeping that you can really appreciate them in a way that you never knew...and then you slump over from exhaustion.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

What is it with kids and public bathrooms!?! I've experienced some blog worthy stories myself lately. :) Sounds like you had a great time and Brylie is lucky to have you for an aunt. :)

Deanne said...

What a fun day! You are an amazing aunt. It sounds like you two are mutually blessed!