Thursday, June 12, 2008

Let's do the happy dance...

On May 29 at exactly 5:58 pm, I received a text message from my dear sweet friend, Sarah. She received what I call a 'hiccup' in her life earlier this year. She was diagnosed with leukemia. But, that has definitely not put her down. She has had such a positive outlook on this particular 'hiccup'. Anyway, when I received her text message, I screamed and did the happy dance...This is what it said, "Last chemo is complete!! YIPPEE!" I happened to be outside, walking down the street when I received the message. I, literally, screamed!! Of course, a few heads turned my way. But, hey, that is okay!! Then, of course, I did the happy dance!!! I am so excited for her!! She is one of those types of people that when you are in her presence, you feel a renewed strength. I am so excited for her!!! So, if you have a moment...do the happy dance!!! I did and it was great!!! (Who cares who was watching...maybe in their minds they did the happy dance, too!!)


The next happy dance happened last night....Last night,I was sharing creativity endorphins with my favorite stamp and chat friends when the telephone rang. It was my sister-in-law, Jessica. She said that my sweet niece had just crawled. YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!!! For all of you that have experienced the past while with our family understand that this is a HUGE milestone in Brylie's life. It is great!! Oh, I so wanted to be there to see her crawl...but in the meantime, I screamed and did the happy dance!!! YEA!! Brylie!!! You have so much to celebrate!!!

So, my question for you is...when was the last time you did the happy dance? Why don't you do it right now? No one is watching...ok, who cares if they are!!!

Life is a time to celebrate!!!


6 comments:

kcsars said...

Michelle, you are incredible! I think your expression of life is one big happy dance! You make me smile and giggle when I'm around you, so thanks for sharing your enthusiasm so freely. Yea to your niece, Brylie for crawling! Every milestone is amazing, and so great to celebrate. I did a happy dance right here in my chair for her.:-) Thanks for enjoying all the reasons for laughing and giving thanks.

¡Vieve! said...

Woo! You definitely had reasons to be happy dancing all over the place!

I don't really have any reasons to dance, but I will dance in celebration of your events!

*Shimmy shimmy shake*

Deanne said...

Yay for life! I, too, did a little jig in celebration of all the happy moments on your blog! I also did a happy dance last night as my 4 year old skipped through the plaza at the zoo...I'll post it on my blog in the next day or so.

Maleen said...

Having a reason to do the Happy Dance is wonderful, but even better when there are two!! I think I tried to do some version of a happy dance recently and almost pulled a muscle in my huge tummy, so I ended up cutting it short.
By the way, I have not forgotten about your surprise. When are we going to hear the rest of the story...

Gerb said...

**Happy dancing**

P.S. Thanks Maleen for bringing up the surprise again...I have been dying to hear more!

Chelle! said...

kcsars-thanks!! You are the greatest!! I am so glad to call you a friend!! Your strength is amazing!!
Vieve-thanks for doing the dance!! You make me laugh--I truly can picture you shimmy shimmy and shaking!
Maleen and Gerb-SORRY there can be no surprise. I would explain in more detail, but I do not want anyone to feel bad causing the surprise not to be a surprise. Nor would I want you to know who caused the surprise to plumet spirally downward. BUT, just think that for a couple of months, I was excited for this surprise...and possibly all of you were too!!!