Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mom--You are incredible!!


Today is my Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!!! (I forgot my camera and Dad has the pictures--so, this picture of Mom will have to do). I decided to get off work and take my mom to lunch. She has been a tad bit sick, so decided that we would celebrate her day in a relaxing way. We went to lunch at The Olive Garden. Oh, it was mighty delicious!!! Who can beat Soup, Salad and Breadsticks with a diet coke and lemon? Yummy!!!

I have been trying to get my mom to experience a 'pedicure' with me. See, we both don't really like people touching our feet. Feet are yucky. But, today she just did not feel up to it. So, we did pedicures at home. Mom, I hope you know how much I love you--I would not do this for anyone but you. We exfoliated and lotioned our feet. Okay, I exfoliated and lotioned Mom's feet and then, I did my own. I just do not understand how people could do this for a living. YUCKY FEET!!!

It was a nice relaxing day...it was great to just sit back and talk and laugh. Then, for dinner we went to Winger's. Yummy deliciousness!!! I just love their Sticky Fingers Salad. After dinner, Jessica and I went shopping to pick up a few items for Mom's birthday. We had a great time and picked out the perfect gifts--2 Cricut Cartridges. Then, it was off her party...cake, ice cream, rootbeer floats and ALL of the family!!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!

Mom, I just want you to know how much I love you. There are so many things that I admire about you.
Just to name a few:
1. You have the hugest heart.
2. No matter what the circumstances, if someone needs your help-you are there in a flash!
3. You listen when it I need to "vent" or to "cry".
4. You are amazingly talented!!
5. You have a way with your hands that what ever you see, you can build or make.
6. You would do anything for those that you love--no matter what the consequences are!
7. You are great shopping buddy!!
8.You are 100% supportive!
9. You are so smart!
10. You love your family more than realize!!
11. You love to laugh!!
12. You are amazing at gardening!!
13. You are so creative!!
14. You are a great listener!!
15. You are just plain INCREDIBLE!!!

Mom, the list can go on and on...I just want you to know that I LOVE YOU!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!!


2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Your mom is so great! I'm glad you gave her a great birthday!

Unknown said...

Huh, I must be a weirdo... I love to have pedicures! And, I don't mind giving them either. I'm glad you 'attempted' touching yucky feet & that you had so much fun. Your mom is great! Lucky you :0