Sunday, June 8, 2008

I have never made a roast...UNTIL TODAY!!!

Okay, let me share something with you...I, rarely, cook or bake anything out of the ordinary. I love to make cookies and of course, any kind of treats. But, to make something that is amazing...just lasts way too long. If I make a lasagna or enchiladas or anything that makes a lot, it lasts all week long. Not a big deal, but after eating it for a whole week, you get really tired of it. I wish that I was talented enough to figure out how to make small portions out of recipes that are family sized. But, hey, I can make a dang good hot dog. HA HA!!!

But, lately, I have been craving a delicious roast. Usually, I do not crave meat, but this past week at work, we had a Quesadilla Potluck and this guy brought a roast...Oh, it was absolutely delicious.

Since then, I have been craving roast. Crazy me!! I have never made a roast...UNTIL TODAY!!!! I did it and it was absolutely delicious!!!

So, this morning bright and early, the roast was placed in the crock pot on low. I added salt, pepper, a sliced onion and some garlic seasoning. We (my mom was helping me out with this new adventure) let it cook for 10 hours. About an hour before we were going to eat, we added red potatoes and carrots. By the time it was dinnertime....everything was simply divine and ready to eat. As for right now, I am excited for leftovers...as for tomorrow, I get to relive this yummy dinner AGAIN!!!!


5 comments:

Ker said...

wow I am impressed! Good job friend!

Maleen said...

So is that the recipe you put on the side bar, because I am thinking that I need a good roast in my future.

Traci said...

Mmmmm.We love roast, I'm glad you learned to make it! We actually had it for dinner last night, it's a common Sunday dinner for us. We had a lot of meat left over this time, so after dinner I shredded it up and put it in our little crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce. Today I will plug it in an hour or so before dinner and we'll have bbq beef sandwiches. yummy.

¡Vieve! said...

That roast does sound delicious.

I can't believe you had a party without me. What kind of world are we living in?!

Deanne said...

Wow! It looks delicious. Reading about it makes my mouth water. We had roast almost every Sunday growing up, and I loved it! Congratulations on your first sucessful roast!