Friday, February 22, 2008

scripture study...

This past week has been a week of many things. Earlier this week, I found out something about a friend that was devastating, tragic and completely awful. When I learned of the situation, I was so angry. Questions kept popping in my head--mostly the question, "WHY?" Then, after the anger subsided, an overwhelming sadness for this friend and for those that were/are involved came upon me. That night, I remember looking at my clock as I crawled into bed. The time was 2:14 am. I knew that sleep was not anywhere near. As I curled up with my blankets and pillows, I just kept thinking of this tragic incident that was completely stupid.

Then, the most amazing feeling came over me. It was so peaceful and so calm. The thought that entered my mind was "Michelle, this is the reason that it is so important to read the scriptures each day to combat the fiery darts of the adversary." It was the most amazing experience. Lately, I have had a struggle with having daily scripture study. When I was serving as Young Women's president in my ward, my scripture study was amazing. I really long for that excitement of partaking of the scriptures. But, since then, I have really struggled with the daily effort of studying. Tonight, I was just amazed. We have such a wonderful shield--a shield that helps protect us from the wickedness that may come to us. I can not believe how I struggle with an easy concept of partaking the scriptures--but I do.

Tonight, after that experience, I know that is EXTREMELY important to read from the scriptures daily. So, that is my goal--to try a little harder and do a little better.

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Your faith is such an inspiration-I'm sure you'll meet your goal!

Deanne said...

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a reminder that we all need.

Maleen said...

By the way, I didn't mind your Minnie Mouse voice. I hope you are feeling better physically, if not spiritually. Way to go reading the scriptures!