Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sarah...what an inspiration!

Sometimes I think that we get so caught up in life that we seem to lose focus on what is really important. This happens to me all of the time. But, tonight, I found a new focus. A focus on all the good things in life. On Friday morning, I learned that Sarah, a friend of mine, was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia. Since hearing the news, my heart has seemed a little bit heavy. My friend, Dalene, and I went to visit her this afternoon at the hospital and I am so thankful for that visit.

She will be in the hospital for at least 3 weeks. She has to have Chemo every other day for 8 days. She was so up beat about everything. She was amazing. Her laughter was contagious. Her smile was glorious. As she shared with us all the events that took place this past week--leading up to the diagnosis, tears just streamed down my eyes. I could not even imagine all that she has gone through. She found the positive in everything that she was telling us. It was great--I learned so much from that visit. One thing that I have always admired about Sarah is that she is caught up with ALL the good things in life. She is happy and always looks for the positive things. What an amazing person!! I could not help to think that she has the right frame of mind to conquer this ugly battle. She can do it!!

As Dalene and I left her hospital room, we both looked at each other and said, "What an inspiration!" Though we were only there for an hour, she had helped me understand so many things. We both received so much comfort from her. As we left the hospital, the peaceful feeling that comes over your heart when you are doing what you are suppose to do--was with us tonight. Sarah, I will continue to hope and pray for you. Thanks for ALWAYS being an inspiration to me.

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I am also praying for your friend,and I hope her example can be an inspiration for others.

Maleen said...

Seriously, it always seems that the strongest, most optimistic people get put into the hardest situations and give us others the most hope possible. Makes me pretty sure that I will never get cancer. I would probably be a whiner. I hope Sarah gets through this as quickly as possible.

Traci said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Sarah. I'm glad she is so happy and upbeat, she will need that in this ugly battle. I stood by and watched as my ex-boyfriend went through chemo treatment after chemo treatment. It will take every ounce of strength and happiness she can muster. (and that of her friends and loved ones) Best wishes.

Fleming Family said...

Being the sister-in-law of Sarah, I thank you for your post. Sarah truely is a magnificent person. I am KC's youngest sibling, and sister, and I have always loved Sarah from the very first day I met her. She truely is one of the most up-beat, loving people I've ever met. Thank you for supporting her, especially since I can't be there to give her the hug I so desire to give her. From what I've read of your posts, it sound like she is lucky to have you as a friend.
Alison Fleming