Sunday, February 24, 2008

"love is a treasure for which we can never pay. the only way we keep it is to give it away!"



I have been "down under" the past two days. No, I have not been in Australia or any other exotic place. Unless you would call my bedroom exotic--which I would not. Anyway, I have been down under my blankets in bed. I tried so hard not to get this yucky virus that has been plaguing everyone around me--but I caught it. I came down with all the yucky cough, head, nose & chest congestion, fever and everything else that pertains to this yucky stuff. Anyway, other than phone calls to my mom, I have slept and slept and slept some more.

Today, I went looking for a dvd in the house--something to watch other than flipping channels while I dozed in and out of sleep. I found one that I really want to recommend. It is called "The Ultimate Gift".

This story is amazing. It just keeps on giving. Anyway, th story is about Jason Stevens. His VERY wealthy grandfater dies and Jason anticipates a big inheritance. Instead his grandfather has devised a plan to help Jason understand twelve important gifts that will lead up to the ultimate gift. He goes on a journey of self-discovery finding what is most important in life.

I, absolutley, loved this movie. In fact, I watched it twice today. It brought a lot of tears, but it was worth all the coughing that were caused by those tears. So, if you want to watch a movie that will impact you and family and will teach them about life lessons and the importance of character, this is the film to see.

"love is a treasure for which
we can never pay.
the only way we keep it
is to give it away."
--THE GIFT OF LOVE

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I've always wondered if this movie was good, and now I think I'll watch it. I'm glad I didn't catch the sickness that everyone has (knock on wood)

Gerb said...

I read this book and LOVED it. I have never watched the movie because I'm afraid it won't be as good as the book - I hear they added a love story to the plot, is that true?

Sorry you have been feeling sickly. My littler kids have all had the cough/congestion part, but no incurable flu yet. Get better!

Maleen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and Happy Birthday again! That movie sounds like a lot of fun, but then again, I like reading. Maybe I will try the book first?

Cami said...

Ohhh, I loved this movie. I thought it was great. I've never read the book, but maybe I'll add it to my list of what to read next.