Friday, August 3, 2012

laptop meets milk…not a love story

…and the story begins….

Once upon a month ago,  I purchased a beautiful pink laptop.

0088411608452_A

Instantly, I fell in love with it! It had all of the features that I have every wanted in a laptop.  I treated it with respect, kindness and amazing love.  I kept it away from any liquids, treats or anything that could lead to damaging affects.  I loved it.  It was perfect in every way until…

Two days ago, I came home from a softball game and had an urge to have a cold glass of milk.  My beautiful pink laptop was in my hand.  I gently placed it on the island while I poured my milk. 

A thought popped into my head, “Michelle, why don’t you boot up the laptop while you are pouring your milk?!”  Great idea.  I pressed the “on” key.  While it was powering on, I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured a delicious glass of cold milk.

glass-milk

I glanced at the screen and noticed that I had an email.  I clicked on the inbox with my right hand…since the glass of milk was in my left hand. 

Aw…it was an email from a sweet friend of mine.  Still holding the glass of milk, I read it  and decided to quickly email her back.  I sat the glass down with my left hand (because I would need it to type with it)  and my right hand hit the glass and SPLASH.  Milk covered the entire keyboard and screen. 

I screamed, “Are you serious?” 

Frantically, I tilted the laptop and watched the milk as it poured from the laptop.  Milk was everywhere.  I grabbed towels to soak up the liquidy mess. It was coming out of every hole and crevice .  My heart sank!

…that is how laptop met milk.

The End.

~Michelle

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is one truly tragic story. Were you able to salvage it? Or the data? It hurts listening to this story. I may not sleep well tonight. :(

¡Vieve! said...

I still can't believe how crap-tacular this is. To have them meet in such an awful way, when the relationship is so detrimental to laptop... Is the laptop saved? Will it live on to compute another day?