Sunday, August 26, 2012

A simple Primary song.

2012-08-26 23.17.48 (1)A few nights ago, my mind was clouded with so many thoughts.  I knew that I needed to get those thoughts out of my head so that I could try and have a good nights sleep.  As I started to write, tears started to flow freely from my eyes.   I poured out everything that has been building up inside.  As I wrote page after page, thought after thought, I knew that I needed to keep writing.  I needed to get everything that has been plaguing my thoughts out. 

The more that I wrote, the more the impression came that I needed to talk to someone.  I needed to talk to a friend.  I needed someone to listen.  I was ready to talk and I needed someone who cared.  I glanced at the clock.  It read 11:35 pm.  It was too late to call anyone.  As I pondered for a split second, the lyrics of a simple Primary song came to mind. “Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child’s prayer?” Those two sentences kept replaying themselves inside my brain. 

Heavenly Father, are you really there?  Are you really there for me?  Me…Michelle.  Seriously, do you answer every child’s prayer?  Feeling that I really needed to ask, I set my pen down and closed my eyes. Tears flowed freely as my thoughts and pleas turned heavenward. I needed someone to listen.

The phone rang. I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock.  It read 11:40.  I answered it.

“Hello.”

“Would you like a visitor?”

Heavenly Father, are you really there?  And do you hear and answer every child’s prayer?  With as much peace that anyone could possibly feel, my answer is YES.  Yes, he does.  He is really there and he hears and answers every prayer.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That's such a great story. I love when things come together like that.