Friday, March 4, 2011

They keep multiplying! :)

It has been a week since the celebration of my birthday… 

Aw…what a fun-filled day.  I had lots of family and friends who made my day simply delightful.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  It feels simply awesome to have wonderful people in my life.  I am truly blessed!!

I arrived at work and this is what was awaiting me…0225110830-000225110830-02

Aw…a desk filled with balloons, confetti, presents, confetti, candy, confetti, cereal, confetti, streamers, confetti, poppers, confetti, candles, confetti, diet coke, and more confetti.  There were shimmery stars and hearts everywhere!  Millions and millions little pieces of CONFETTI.  Oh, I love confetti.  What a fun-filled day!!! 

Anyway back to what I started with…It has been a week since the celebration of my birthday.  During this past week…I have vacuumed.  I have cleaned my desk.  I have vacuumed again and again.  I have cleaned my desk again and again.  But…those little shimmery stars and hearts keep popping up everywhere. 

Last night, I even stayed late until our janitors came and had them vacuum with their high-powered industrial vacuum.  I thought we had found every piece of confetti possible.  YES!!!  I conquered!!

Ok…I was excited until now…I just looked up and  saw… 0304111719-00(2)another piece of confetti…not only one but two more.  I feel like they are multiplying.  Where do they keep coming from?  These little pieces of confetti keep coming out of every file, folder, corner…you name it…I am finding little tiny shimmering stars and hearts.  It is starting to drive me crazy!!  Where are they hiding?  They are multiplying!

Yes, these little pieces of confetti are driving me crazy but…they are making me giggle too!  I think it is because I cannot figure out where they keep coming from…or is it reminding me of what an awesome day I had. 

Dear little pieces of confetti,

Will you please occupy someone else's desk and BRIGHTEN their life like you have brightened mine?

Signed, Michelle

P.S.  If not…I cannot apologize what I might do if I go crazy!!

 

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Here's your lame friend Gerb, checking in... I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY! Well, you know, every day is an unbirthday. Fabulous things can still happen. ;)

¡Vieve! said...

I'm even finding this stuff in my house - is that crazy? I looked down this morning, and there it was, mocking me with its presence!