Monday, March 21, 2011

Meal Planning 101

0310111230-00

Meet my friend Julie.  I work with her and I eat lunch with her almost every day.  She makes lunch time entertaining…not because she is funny but because I NEVER know what she is going to unpack to eat.  Normally, I eat a salad, sandwich or soup.  Nothing too exciting.  But…Julie, she eats the most interesting food.  She brings leftovers from any meal…no matter who the meal belongs to. 

In the picture above you will find leftovers from many different meals.  This picture was taken on Friday at lunch.  I couldn’t stop laughing because her arrangement of food.  I had to get my camera to mark this event. Here is the story behind all her food….

On Monday, we had salads from Costco…but Julie had brought a bologna sandwich-which she saved until Tuesday to eat.  She did not eat all of her Costco salad.  On Tuesday she ate part of her Costco salad and half of her bologna sandwich.  Tuesday evening, she made hamburgers and fries.  So, for lunch on Wednesday, she brought leftovers but she chose to eat a polish dog from JDawgs.  Thursday her lunch consisted of the other half of the bologna sandwich, some of the Doritos left over from Sunday and some of the Costco Salad.

That brings us to Friday…which is pictured above.  She had something from every day of the week.  She makes me laugh.  I refer to her as the “Frugal One” but she assures me that it is “Provident Living”.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I love seeing what Julie has to eat every day! That sounds like such a fun week of food - and its all classic Julie.