Sunday, March 20, 2011

I was just…thinking!

I am a thinker.  I love to think.  I am always thinking about something, someone, someplace….I am always thinking…trying to find answers to anything and everything.  I just love to think.  The past little while, I have had a lot of things on my mind.  It seems like I am ALWAYS thinking.  It is so difficult to turn my brain off at night…it just doesn’t happen.  I just love to think.

Well, last Tuesday morning, I was thinking about some important things (I will admit…sometimes I do not think of important things…some of it is kinda strange thinking…but nonetheless…I love to think) while I getting ready for the day.  I have somewhat natural curly hair and every morning I have to use my flat iron to make those curls disappear.

NOTE:  My flat iron heats to 450 degrees.  I love it.  It can make the most curliest hair turn straight in the matter of seconds. 

So…I was deep in thought when I grabbed my 450 degree flat iron.  I grabbed some hair and started to straighten it…still thinking very deeply.  I continued to think…and think….and think…and think.  All of a sudden, I felt this burning sensation.  I dropped my flat iron and looked in the mirror.  GAH!!!  I was not straightening my hair…I was melting my ear.   I was so wrapped up in my thinking that I did not know that I had grabbed my ear instead of my hair.  0320112332-00 OUCH!!! A second degree burn.   This has been not a fun week. I am so grateful for hair that covers my ears.  Oh, so grateful!   My ear is healing but not at the rate that I would like it.  I guess…I should be just grateful that it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.  Hmmm….where was my mind?  It was just…thinking! 

….hmmm….I probably need to be more careful! 

~Michelle!

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Gah your ear looks so painful! I won't lie, picking off the bits of skin that you burned off was kinda fun, in a gross sort of way. Thank goodness it's finally healing.

Ammie said...

Oh that's terrible! I hope the ear will heal real soon. OUCH!!

Samantha F. said...

Teh dangers of flat irons and thinking. That's gnarly. Hope it feels better than it looks.