Monday, October 28, 2013

She is home!!!

AAA-010-1024x817

My mom came home from the hospital (again-for the fourth time since June).  We are starting to really love the nurses and aides that are on the 4th floor of the hospital.  I feel like that they are becoming family.  The tend to my Mom’s needs so carefully.  They even check up on my Dad and I.  It is nice to know that people care…even when we aren’t the patients.  :)  We will get to see them again after Mom endures a 60-day IV antibiotic treatment and is ready for surgery (again).  Anyway, I decided to take dinner to Mom and Dad tonight.  I couldn’t think of what to make and plus, I did not have any energy to create something so I decided that Brick Oven Chicken Noodle Soup and breadsticks would hit the spot tonight.  (I know that my mom’s soup is the best but I think that Brick Oven’s comes in a close second). Doesn’t  Chicken Noodle Soup warm the soul and make everything better?  I think it does. 

As I entered my parent’s home this evening, I felt an amazing peace.  I am so grateful that my mom is home and is on her way to recovery.  I know that is has been an extremely long four months and we have a couple of months to endure but tonight I am so grateful that she is home sitting in her favorite recliner.  As I think about it, tears well up in my life.   It definitely has been an emotional year.  I am so grateful for my mom and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve her. I am so grateful that she is home.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Yay she's home! I wish she was home and totally healed, but at least she gets to be home for a while.