Thursday, September 4, 2014

A simple fleece blanket made with so much love!


I love to sew!! It is one of my passions that I do not share with hardly anyone. I keep it tucked away in my own little world. Why is this? I have no idea. I won awards in high school for various items and received the departmental award for something that I love…sewing. Then, I realized that I had a comment made about me several years ago and the feelings that I had from a simple and stupid comment made me want to hide my passion for the love of a hobby that I had been so amazing at. So…lately, I have been pondering the love that I have for sewing and decided to dust off my sewing machine and start a few projects.
**whispers** When I am brave enough to go stand up to the comment that I heard several years ago, I just might share what I have been working on. I know…I know…I just need to have the courage to share but that ugly comment rests right there in an opened file folder in my head.
Anyway, my sweet niece asked me if I would help her sew a blanket for her boyfriend who was going to be a soon-to-be-missionary. (He is now at the Mexico MTC learning the awesome language of Spanish to serve the people of Ecuador).
ess1410018394706
We cut, sewed (Mom appliqued all of the balls letters and words) and clipped this absolutely adorable fleece rag blanket. It was so much fun. We finished it just in time to have it packed in his suitcase. It was awesome!!!  I love spending time with Kaylie. She is so much fun. Love you Kaylie!!  Good luck Nik!!!  You are going to be an incredible missionary.



1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

What a cute blanket! I'm sad someone said something that has hidden your love of something you do so well! I might have to hit you up for some lessons...I would love to know how to sew a skirt!