Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembering 9-11

 

rtr2lwhp

I woke up early this morning, finished everything that I needed to do and arrived at work shortly after 7 am.  As I sat my purse underneath my desk, a memory stepped into my thought process. Tears started to fill my eyes as I reflected back on that day…

13 years ago today, I woke up early, finished everything at home and headed into the work.  I arrived shortly after 7 am and turned on my radio.  All of a sudden, the news came across the radio station, I just stared at the radio. Listening and waiting for more information. I remember tears started rolling down my face. Immediately, I called my Mom. She quickly turned on the television and confirmed what I was listening to was indeed true.

By this time, people were arriving at work. We all went to the huge conference room where they had a television on showing what had happened. After a bit, we would return to our offices and then, return to the conference room for more information. I remember going home to my parents home--in the security of their home and watching the recap of the horrific events that took place earlier in the day.

Those feelings are so tender still today as I watched the events replayed and replayed on the television and through the newspapers.  I think Rachel said it perfectly, “In time of tragedy we came together as a nation and I hope we can do that again now in remembrance of those lives lost. May we always remember what we stand for and never back down. To those lives lost, you will always be remembered. To those who have lost their lives fighting for our country, you too will never be forgotten. To those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe, thank you! I am proud to be an American and nothing and no one can tear us down too far where we can't get back up.”

Freedom makes me happy.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

This is such a tragic day in our history, I think we'll always remember what we were doing when we found out. Freedom is fantastic - and something I'm so grateful for.