Monday, August 19, 2013

A little bear named Dakota.

A few of weeks ago, I opened up my front door and found a little surprise.  It was a grocery bag and inside it was a note and

2013-08-24_09.41.53

this adorable little bear named Dakota. 

Attached to the bear was a note that expressed that this little bear was a very important and that my dear sweet friend felt that I needed to have it with me for a couple of weeks.  I am not sure how I deserved a friend so kind but I am so grateful for it.  I know that this little bear has brought a lot of comfort to me in the past few weeks. I am so grateful for something to hug and to hold on to during some very sleepless nights.  Sleepless nights…where a lot of thinking has been entertaining this brain of mine.

This bear isn’t only bringing me happiness; it is also bringing smiles to my sweet little niece.  Each morning for the past four or so weeks, I have had the opportunity to spend some time with Brylie. She stays with me while my mom has her IV treatment. The morning after I received Dakota, Brylie noticed him sitting on my bed. She asked me who gave him to me. I read her the little note. She smiled. Every morning since that day, she runs up my stairs telling me that she needs to check on Dakota.

This morning, I had just finished getting dressed when I walked into my room. This is what I saw…

2013-08-19_08.03.22

I asked her what she was doing and she said, “Hugging Ashwey’s bear. She wuvs you”. Aw…it melted my heart. I am great for these tender mercies that truly touch my heart and bring a little bit of comfort to my soul. 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That's just so sweet - that your friend would give you her bear, and that Brylie makes sure the bear is there every morning.