Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hello…it has been awhile!!

Hello….

2013-02-25_11.28.47

I love my sweet little niece!!

It has been awhile…a long while. Tonight, I had a few minutes so I thought that I would take a look at my blog. January 12th? Serious? Where does the time go? Oh my goodness, where do I start? I have so many thoughts, would you like to hear (read) them? So…where do I start?

All of a sudden, a certain scene from The Sound of Music starts playing in my head and the excitement of turning on that movie, curling up with my blankets and drifting off to Austria for the evening is enticing.

Let’s start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with a-b-c
When you sing you begin with do-re-mi

You are starting to sing it, aren’t you?

So, let’s go back to about the time that I went missing from the blog world. January 12th.  Ok…so, a few days later on January 18th, I was sitting at my desk looking at the clock and thinking that in a couple of hours I would be headed to Springville to watch one of my sweet young women play in the Springville vs. Provo High Basketball game. Growing up in Springville, LOVING the game of basketball, enjoying watching one of my sweet dear friends play was bringing on a great deal of excitement as the time passed. I had just made a comment to a friend of mine about how much time we had left of the work week and how much time it would be until we were seated in that amazing gym of Springville High when my phone rang. It was my mom. She was crying hysterically as she relayed the news of a tragic death that happened in our family. Panic was filling my heart, tears were starting to well up in my eyes and all I could think of was how it was going to affect my sweet little niece. She adored her uncle so much.

I left work. I couldn’t think straight. I had to get out of my office. As I was driving my car, I received an amazing peace. Peace and comfort filled my heart as I was gently reminded that there is a plan. Each one of us has our own individual plan. Our Eternal Father in Heaven knows each of us individually. He knows what is in our hearts. He knows what is in our thoughts. Through this amazing plan, we are able to be with our loved ones again. My thoughts turned to a little five-year-old. How will she understand? How will she know that everything will be ok? How do you it explain something like this to her?

I met up with Mom and Dad at Brylie’s bus stop. She jumped off the bus and came towards us. She was full of hugs and kisses but there was something different. She was quiet. She was peaceful. As I buckled her in the car seat, she asked how her dad was. I told her that he was fine and that he was at work. (Ok, so I told a little white lie—I didn’t want to tell her anything. It wasn’t my place and I surely did not want to be the one that shares any sad news with her). She said that he was not at work as she looked at me with a puzzled look. Then, she looked at me and said, “Grandma Nita is sad but Mike will be ok”.

What?

How did she know? I know that my mom and dad didn’t tell her. I didn’t tell her. I am pretty sure the bus driver hadn’t received any news. How did she know?

She was extremely quiet as we drove back to Provo. I tried talking to her but she was in her own little world. She was somewhere distant. Then all of a sudden, I hear a faint little song coming from the most amazing angel sitting in my backseat.

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday

This amazing little girl has touched my life in so many ways that it is difficult to even comprehend.. She has been such an incredible blessing in my life and to everyone that she comes in contact with. She already knew about the plan. She knew that everything would be ok. I was able to witness this many times throughout the next week as she comforted those around her. She knew that Mike will be ok. She knew that her mom would be ok. She knew that her grandma would be ok. She just knew it. No one had to tell her. She just knew it.

Later that evening, we did end up going to the basketball game. While her parents were making funeral plans, we were watching an amazing young woman play a game of basketball. Miss B needed a distraction. My mom needed a distraction.  I needed one too.  Miss B sat next to me and every time a basket was made (it didn’t matter which team made it) she would cheer. As I sat and watched her, I could see and feel the amazing peace that surrounded her. Wouldn’t it be great to have that peace all of the time, to truly understand the really important things I life and to accept it?

After the game, we cheered for our sweet friend. She noticed that we were there and climbed up to where we were standing. She reached over and gave me a hug. Brylie looked at her, reached up and gave her one too. We all needed those hugs from her today. Aw…we really did. Something so simple brought a great amount of comfort that night. Isn’t it awesome when people are genuinely kind and loving…their everyday actions bring comfort to those in need without even knowing what they are doing it. 

As we were walking back to the car, Miss B commented that she really loves that girl because she is beautiful. She is truly beautiful and very special to me even more so that she touched the life of my sweet niece. I love the peace that I feel when things are incredibly… beautiful.

Guess what Miss B? You truly are beautiful too. Inside and out!! Thank you for teaching me so much!! I truly appreciate it…more than you will ever comprehend. But, on the other hand, you probably already know it…you are just so in tune.

~Michelle

5 comments:

Gerb said...

Oh, Michelle. You made me bawl. What a sweet story about three beautiful, sweet daughters of God who are all so very loved.

Jess said...

Michelle that made me tear up! First of all thank you SO incredibly much for taking care of Brylie while I was going through so much. She is truly blessed to have you for her aunt and I am so thankful to have you in my life. Thank you for all the love, support and sweet words you gave me during my time of sorrow. Brylie truly makes me see each day as a gift and reminds me that my sweet sweet brother is not so far away and that he is watching over us.

¡Vieve! said...

Miss B has some special powers about her! She truly feels everything going on. That game was fun, and I was so glad to be around her energy as she high-fived us after every basket!

Angela said...

that gave me the chills what a sweet little girl she is

Maleen said...

Chelle, I'm so sorry for the loss in your family. But thank you for sharing such a touching story. Brylie really does have angels around her.