Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wherefore be of good cheer…

I haven’t been feeling too well and ended up having some medical tests performed on Monday morning.  I was told I needed to wait for 48 hours for the results.  May I just say…it has been a long 48 hours.  I want to find out the results but I am nervous all the same.  I knew that I needed to go to work today and get my thoughts on something else. 

166705_10200359235596353_1210392882_n

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I noticed that I had a letter from one of my former young women.  She is currently serving a LDS mission in Thailand.  I LOVE  receiving letters and cards in the mail.  I was excited that I would have something to read on my lunch break. As I continued to get ready, my thoughts kept going back to this letter.  I felt strongly that I needed to read it.  After a few minutes, I decided I had better take a moment or two and open the letter. 

When I opened the letter, out fell a picture.  Aw…it was awesome.  It immediately brightened my day and brought a smile to my face.   As I read the letter, my heart began to be filled so much peace.  She was truly inspired with the words that she wrote.  I know that I needed to read this letter today.  I know that I needed to read it at the very moment.  At the end of her letter she felt prompted to share a scripture with me.  As I read the scripture, I felt the most amazing comfort.   

"Wherefore be of good cheer and do not fear for I the Lord am with you and will stand by you.” D&C 68:6

It was the most incredible feeling to know how comforting one scripture can bring.  I know that I needed to read and ponder it.  It is so powerful.  Thank you Sister Traci for listening to the promptings of the Spirit.  I love you dearly!!!  I am truly blessed to know you.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That has to be one of the best timed things ever. I love that you got this letter right when you needed it. I hope your sickness/pain/worry gets over soon!