Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fruit Pizza…a delightful treat!

Each month in our department at work, we have a birthday party. My dear friend, Gabby and I have placed ourselves in charge of this type of festivity. If anyone else was in charge, there wouldn’t be any celebrating. This month as we were discussing the delicious treats that we might provide for the birthday celebrations, the thought popped into my head…FRUIT PIZZA!!

I had been visiting with my dear friend, Pini. Pini is my new best friend that keeps me company on my insomnia nights. We visit quite frequently with each other. She is amazing. She provides so much insight and entertainment. I am so glad that I have gotten to know her. She has been a true lifesaver. While I was visiting with her, I came upon a delicious recipe for fruit dip. Along with this recipe, came the most amazing idea…A Fruit Pizza Bar.

Sorry…I get side-tracked sometimes.  Back to the story….for March birthdays, we had the most delectable treat. A sugar cookie covered with a delicious spread (cream cheese and marshmallow crème), bananas, blueberries, strawberries and pineapple. They were simply divine.

2012-03-29 15.30.22 (2)

My creation.  I really wanted to add bananas but a trip the hospital was not in the plan today. 

2012-03-29 15.45.05 (2)

This is Wade’s creation…sugar cookie, cream cheese spread, sugar cookie and fresh fruit. 

It was a lot of fun.  Everyone was able to pick and choose their own toppings.  What a fabulous birthday celebration!!

~Michelle

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

You're right! If we weren't in charge, nothing would get celebrated. These were so delish, I'm so glad you found the recipe. I could have eaten a hundred.

Gerb said...

What an awesome idea! These would be so fun for a FHE treat. I keep hearing about how fun Pini is but I'm worried to get to know her too well. I worry that she'd become one of those friends that starts to demand all of my time - and I would gladly give it!

Maleen said...

Yep, I think I know your friend Pini too. She has given me so many fun ideas for the summer. I hope I can keep my bunch happy. And I think fruit pizzas just made the cut. Thanks Pini, and Chelle.