Thursday, March 8, 2012

A sweet tender mercy.

Have you ever been focused on something or someone that you lose sight of everything else or everyone else?  Then, many days, months, or years from that certain realm of life, your thoughts turn to why or why not?  Well, this has happened many times to me.  Would I go back and change my focus? Maybe and maybe not…I am not sure.

These types of things have made me ponder about certain events and people in my life.  I am sure that we have all experience the “what if”  or the “why” game.  For some reason, I have been thinking about a certain event that happened in my life.  Now  many days, months, and  years later, I wonder if I shouldn’t have been so focused on this certain event or people. All sorts of questions seem to be plaguing my mind. Did it affect my relationship with people that I didn’t realize were important in my life?   Was I in the right place at the right time?  Was I in the wrongphoto-1 (2) place at the wrong time?  If I had made a different choice, would I have impacted more people for the good? 

All of these questions plus many more have been gathering in my head with no sense of peace.  I chatted  with a few friends about this and have valued their  positive feedback.  But…the more I thought about it, the more worrisome I became.  I prayed for understanding and resolution.  I felt peace but I didn’t understand the peace that I received. 

As I was walking out of a meeting tonight, my phone chimed.  It was a text from someone that I haven’t heard from in quite sometime.  As I read her text, I FINALLY understood the peace that I had been feeling.  I did make a positive impact on people’s lives and NO...I didn’t neglect them.  Even though I was focused on other things…I was in the right place at the right time. 

I am grateful that she followed a prompting to contact me and share what she felt so strongly about.  I know that this was an amazing tender mercy from our Heavenly Father.  I understand the peace that I felt when I prayed for understanding and continue to feel when I look back on a particular situation.

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How amazing to receive a text like that, especially after you'd been questioning so many things. I think you make great impacts in peoples lives - I know you have in mine. :D

Gerb said...

You are simply amazing Michelle. Don't ever doubt it!