Friday, January 27, 2012

Footprints!

footprints_in_the_snow_by_glitz0101-d35es6z I woke up this morning (3:46 am to be exact) thinking about footprints.  Footprints?  Yes, footprints.  If you walk across a snowy road or path, eventually those footprints that you leave behind are covered with snow or eventually cleared away.  If you walk across a beach, the footprints that you leave will soon be covered up by water or mud.  But the footprints you leave on someone’s life is never covered up.  They remain there for ever.  The quote,  “Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same” is one of my most favorite quotes.  These types of footprints are never washed away, covered up or cleared away.  These footprints stay with you or the person forever. 

I think that it would be amazing to open up someone’s heart (figuratively speaking, of course) and examine the millions and billions of footprints that make up that heart.  Are there lots of the footprints that leave sweet tenderness and kindness types of prints?  Or would you find deep footprints that contain sadness and despair that penetrate the soul just by observing them?

For the past hour, I have been examining my own heart and the zillions of footprints that cover the outside and the inside of my heart.  There are so many footprints that have touched my life for the good.  Each set of them I am so grateful for…for they have brought me an abundance amount of tenderness, kindness and happiness.  As I look closely to those footprints that have brought me true sadness and despair…am I grateful for them too?  After pondering this question, my answer is yes.  I am.  They make up me.  Michelle Lynn Gren. 

I hope and pray that the footprints that I leave are prints that bring tenderness, kindness and happiness.   I would never want to find out that I left behind true sadness and despair….those that cannot be repaired by a simple hug or a gentle “I am sorry” or a loving “I love you”.

My question to you (and you need not answer) is what type of footprints did you leave today? 

Just pondering,

~Michelle

4 comments:

Gerb said...

You definitely leave the best kind of footprints on the hearts of all those you know, Michelle! And I agree, I wouldn't even want to remove the sad, painful footprints because they represent experience that makes me who I am.

Have a great weekend!

Deanne said...

What an interesting and profound point to ponder! It is so true. I agree whole-heartedly with Gerb. You are a kind and wonderful footprint-leaving kind of gal (and I can tell even though our paths haven't crossed very often). I loved your insights, and will definitely be aware of the footprints I leave for others.

Meg said...

You have definitely left footprints on my heart and they were the good kind :) you're so great and I have always looked up to you. I hope to be the amazing woman that you are one day.

¡Vieve! said...

I think you leave good footprints, and I hope I do as well. It's always a hard thing to consider - that some small thing you do today could really impact someone else's life forever. A little scary to think about...so lets just think of the happy feets behind.