Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our next hiking adventure…

Thanks for hopping back to my blog for another adventure.  Vieve and I went hiking again on July 7th.  We left right after work and headed up to Sundance.  This was an adventure that was fun, exciting and a tad bit scary.  Never mind…it was not a tad bit scary…IT WAS SCARY!!!  We headed back up to Sundance.  This time we hiked to from Sundance to Stewart Falls and back to Sundance.  So, here is our adventure…  Vieve's pictures 646 Vieve's pictures 647We rode the chair lift to the top of the mountain and began our hike down to the falls.

 Vieve's pictures 648It was an amazing view.  Oh, I love the mountains.

 Vieve's pictures 649 Vieve's pictures 650We found a huge tree and played on if for a bit. We are easily entertained. Ha Ha

 Vieve's pictures 651We came upon some hikers who warned us that they had just ran into a moose and her calf.  Vieve's pictures 652We had to cross a river.

   Vieve's pictures 653It was kind of treacherous but we made it through it.Vieve's pictures 654We could see the falls…thank goodness…we thought that we were lost. Vieve's pictures 655Finally, we made it!!

 Vieve's pictures 656OH NO!!  Which way do we go…

 Vieve's pictures 657Our hike back to Sundance!!

 Vieve's pictures 658It was amazingly beautiful.  I love our mountains!!  Shortly after I took this picture, the hike became SCARY!!  All of a sudden, we heard in the trees behind us, a BIG SCARY NOISE and then, a whole bunch of trees started to move.  We stopped.  My heart was beating so hard.  We saw a HUGE BLURRY BROWN shape.  I was so scared!!!  I grabbed Vieve and moved her in front of me.  She thinks that I was trying to sacrifice her…but, I would NEVER do such a thing.  I was just freaked out.  We waited quietly and listened.  Slowly we started to walk fast down the trail.  The entire way down the trail, we heard from behind us (actually, beside us) trees moving.  We would stop and listen.  Oh, I knew that we were being hunted.  We hurried down the mountain.  It was so scary!! 

 Vieve's pictures 660

Finally, we made it to safety!  UGH!!  Do I want to hike again?  Oh, of course, I do!!

Oh, what a great day!

Michelle

4 comments:

Samantha F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha F. said...

Did you ever find out what it was? I'd assume a moose if it followed you along the path like that. Especially a moose mother. They will follow you or stick close so they always know where you are. Smart tactic in ways but it also makes them so easy to hunt.

¡Vieve! said...

I still maintain that you tried to sacrifice me! But I gladly would have fought the moose while you got away. I read the tips on how to avoid moose attacks-i so could defend myself!

Ammie said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures!! I love Utah and miss it! the mountains are the best! I'm glad the big blurry brown thing didn't get you! :) I'm so jealous that you're going on these wonderful hikes! I'll have to dream through your blog.