Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our first hike adventure….

I love to be outside.  I love to be up in the mountains.  I am so grateful that I live in Utah…we have awesome mountains.  So, this summer, my friend, Vieve, and I have decided to go on some adventures.  It has been quite a long time since I have done any hiking.  I was trying to remember when I last went hiking…it has been a long time.  TOO LONG!!  So, a few weeks ago (June 30th), Vieve and I went on our first adventure. I have lived my entire life in Utah and I have never hiked Stewart Falls.  So, we did.  It was awesome!!  Let me share our adventure with you. 

Vieve's pictures 598

It was the best evening for a hike!!Vieve's pictures 599Look how green everything looks! Vieve's pictures 602I told Vieve to run out into this meadow so I could take a picture of her…she did.  Vieve's pictures 603OOPS!!!  It was a meadow of Stinging Nettle!  Sorry, Vieve!Vieve's pictures 604

          Then, we came upon a catepillar! Vieve's pictures 608Then, we could hear the falls…and they were right around the corner (ok…several corners)Vieve's pictures 610      We were so excited about the falls!!Vieve's pictures 614We are almost there!!Vieve's pictures 615We made it!!  Incredibly beautiful!!

Side note…Vieve kept telling me that the water from the falls was magical.  Earlier in the day, I collided with my filing cabinet and deeply cut the top of my foot.  I decided to take off my shoe and soak my foot in the water.  BAD MISTAKE.  Infection started forming…this was the only bad part to the adventure.  Vieve…the water from the falls is not magical.

 Vieve's pictures 618 

On the way back…we came across this interesting scary looking thing. 

Vieve's pictures 619

Oh…but the flowers that we saw along the way…were absolutely gorgeous!Vieve's pictures 620

YEAH!!  We made it back to my car safely.  On the way home, we planned our next hiking adventure…stay tuned!

Happy Hiking!!!

Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I look like a crazy person in all of these pictures! And in my defense, I had hoped that the waters were magical to fix my leg - but I take no responsibility in anything that took place because of the non-magical powers of the water. I should have had you sign a waiver before I told you it was magic. Next time, I'll do that.

Maleen said...

That looks like a great hike. I wish the outdoors agreed with me more, so I would spend more time out there. My new year's resolution for next year is to find some medication that makes me compatible with Utah.

In the meantime, I am proud of you for enjoying the fine weather and beautiful scenery. Oh, and I think that weird yucky thing on the end there was a tent caterpillar. They make really ugly nests.