Tuesday, July 20, 2010

choosing…

pen_paper_in6a I love to sleep. In fact, I love it so much that I would do anything for sleep. Ok…not anything…but you know what I mean. The problem is that I do not get to sleep very often. I suffer from insomnia. I can’t seem to shut my brain off…too many thoughts going all of the time. I guess I just love to think. It would be nice to turn the thoughts off when it is time to go to bed and get more than a few hours a sleep each night. Oh, how would it be to sleep all night long? Aw…what it would be like? Hmmm…maybe someday I will know.

Last night, I went to bed early…yes…early and I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden, my eyes open, my mind starts racing in a million different ways and I grab a piece of paper and start writing and writing. In my mind, an event was planned from beginning to end. I knew the direction that I needed to take with this certain event and I could the see the success in it. It was the most incredible experience. After contemplating this experience for a tad bit, I had an impression to check the trunk of my car. I have been missing both pairs of glasses since I returned home from YW camp over a month ago. I have looked everywhere for them and have had no success. I looked inside my trunk…I have my camp tote, chair and a blanket. I stood there looking at the things. I opened my tote and tucked away inside it sat my glasses. My glasses!!! I found my glasses! I have checked that tote a million times for my glasses and they have not been there. Ok, not a million but several times. OH!! I am so grateful that I found them. Yahoo!!! Now if I can get some sleep sometime that would be wonderful too. HA HA

I love these types of experiences and I am so grateful that I have them. I just wish that they would happen more often in the normal hours of the day. Ok…maybe nighttime is normal for me to receive such inspiration. So…if I had to choose between sleep and these types of experiences…I guess…I choose these awesome experiences.

Sleep tight!

Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I still don't know how you function with so little sleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you some day with get some sleep!