Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It is all about the color green!

mowing_the_lawn_large It has been an interesting few days.  I am at a lost of what to do.  I know that there is plenty to do but, I am not sure where to start.  I have been busily working on young women camp items for the past 6 months and now it is all over—I am not sure where to spend my time.  I have found that I have a lot more time on my hands.  It is such a weird feeling.  I like it but, I miss all of the little things that I was working on. 

Tonight I drove over to my parents home.  I love their yard.  The lawn is so green.  Not just the normal green….but, the deep dark green.  Oh, I just love it!! Plus, there are lots of flowers blooming everywhere.  My mom has incredible sense of growing things.  Everything  always turn out so beautiful. 

Anyway, Mom was out working in her lawn.  So, I decided to help mow her lawn.  I have to admit…I love mowing lawns.  I find it very relaxing.  It usually takes about an hour and half to mow the entire yard.  It is great!!  Just think…an hour and half of just relaxing, thinking, relaxing and thinking some more.  WOW!! 

What a delightful day!!

Michelle

3 comments:

Maleen said...

One person's task is another person's treasure.

I would hate to mow the lawn but only because I am allergic to grass and it is not a pleasant experience for me. I'm glad you have more time on your hands to do things you like.

¡Vieve! said...

I've never mown a lawn! Good thing you enjoy it...

Gerb said...

Time is good... but planning camp is better! ;0) If you ever feel the need, you are more than welcome to come mow my lawn anytime. And then we'll eat warm chocolate chip cookies. Actually, scratch the lawn mowing. Come over and let's just eat the cookies.