Thursday, March 12, 2009

CAUTION: a simple sentence could lead to hysterical laughing...


Have you ever sent off an email without thoroughly reading it from beginning to end? Well, I found that this happened to me TODAY!!! Let me set the story for you.

Work has been quite busy and 100% stressful this past week. I had documents and files that I had been working on that were extremely time consuming and exhausting. Yes, it has been a tiresome week. Anyway, it was close to 4:00 pm when I realized that I had a question about a particular document that needed to be sent out. I was unsure if my boss (VP of Operations) was going to create the document and get it to the mailroom to be sent to one of our clients. So, I opened I/M and quickly sent off an email. This is how it went:

A thought just pooped in my head, did you create ******'s documents?

I almost died!!! Thoughts do not "poop" in your head--they POP into your head. Of course, I quickly sent the message stating the word popped not pooped. I was hoping that she would skip the first message and go quickly to the second one.

Immediately, my phone rings and I hear this hysterical laugh coming from the the phone. I was completely 100% embarrassed. BUT, laughter does release a lot of stress!!

My response, "Maybe that is why I have been having headaches this week. Things are pooping inside my brain!"


Keep laughing....that is what I am doing to prevent bursting into humiliation tears!!

7 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This is why you should be careful with what you type! It was pretty hilarious though!

Gerb said...

I think I just popped my pants reading this! Oh, wait... I mean POOPED!

Maleen said...

I am totally laughing (with you of course). That is awesome, and very descriptive.

Ammie said...

I love it! Keep the poop thoughts coming.

Unknown said...

i am so glad that I have found your blog again!! It is so fun to read all the exciting events of your day!! You really crack me up!! Thanks for a good laugh...and thanks for commenting on my birds and bee's story :)

Deanne said...

hilarious!

Deanne said...

I just backed up and read some previous entries to catch up and saw your post about th stop sign. I can totally relate, and your posts have given me my daily dose of laughter. Thank you!