Wednesday, December 17, 2008

She is even better than the mailman...


She is almost like the mailman--no matter if it is raining, snowing, or sunshining...she is always there. In fact, she is much better!! You might ask "Who?" Well, I do not know her name and I do not know anything about her but, she is this little old grandma lady. I see her practically every morning on my way to work. She lives on the corner of the road that I turn on to go to work. Every morning when I approach her, she is already out of her home and heading down the street carrying her bag filled with...I am sure...all sorts of treasures. I have not a clue where she goes each morning. But, I do know that she is headed somewhere. She is all bundled up with a cheerful smile on her face. I bet she is going somewhere special every morning.

This morning, it was extra cold. As I drove towards the corner that I turn at, I looked for my sweet little inspiration. There she was. She was all bundled up in her winter snow gear heading to that certain destination that she goes every morning. I wanted to pick her up and drive her to that place but, I did not want to scare her. I want to tell her that she is amazing!! I want to tell her that she is completely an inspiration and that she brightens my mornings. Dear sweet little old grandma lady, thanks for always sending those warm fuzzies of happiness each morning to me. You definitely are an inspiration!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I would love to know where she goes each morning! And braving the cold-good for her!

Maleen said...

She must really be committed to whatever it is. You should surprise her sometime...people never really know when they are being watched...and I don't mean in a stalkerish kind of way (although those people usually don't know either—okay I'll stop).