Sunday, September 29, 2013

What do you see when you look out a window?

When was the last time that you sat and looked out a window?  I mean, really look out a window.  What did you see?  Was there anything that touched your heart and soul?  Tonight, I was visiting my mom in her hospital room (her home away from home) when I noticed this beautiful view.  It is incredible.  It is full of life, happiness and most of all peace.  I watched an older gentleman take his little dog for a walk bending down every once in a while to scratch its head.  I watched as hospital workers came to gently care for their patients and leave to be with their family and friends.  I witnessed families in their backyards playing together.  I noticed green luscious grass and beautiful trees.  I noticed the white fluffy clouds mixed with a few dark ones.  I noticed friends and families bringing flowers and gifts to their loved ones.  There was so much to see while looking outside this window. 

20130929_173104

Sometimes we have to take a break from our rushing lives to realize that there is so much beauty around us.  Beauty that sometimes goes unnoticed because we have packed our lives with so much STUFF.  Tonight, I am grateful for the opportunity to sit with my mom and just enjoy looking out the window from her home away from home.  It will be quite a while before she can look out the windows of her own home but for right now, we will marvel at the beauty that we see. 

I would love to know what you see when you look your window?

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

That is such a great view from that window! Unfortunately, from mine, all I see is the street, and cars. Not nearly as pretty.

Angela said...

That is a beautiful view hope your Mom is fine. My neighbors across the street have lots of trees and they had two huge ones they recently took down. I loved to watch those trees in the wind or relax sitting in a chair and listen to them and watch them flutter in the breeze I loved it now there gone. So I like to look out my back window at the Mountains they look so dark when it gets rainy so pretty