Monday, September 23, 2013

Missing 7 Vials of Blood

 

20130927_093410

10 things I learned today:

1. I have small veins.

2. A phlebotomist needs to use a pediatric needle when taking blood from me.

3. When a phlebotomist says she needs to fish around to find a vein…it isn’t the greatest feeling to have to endure.

4. I am not a good bleeder.

5. Drinking 96 ounces the day before a blood test doesn’t help…apparently, I should have drunk double which would have resulted in 192 ounces of water (and 75 trips to the bathroom).

6. It is extremely important to eat immediately after 7 vials of blood have been removed from your body.

7. Headaches and lightheadedness result in lack of food, water and blood and may last the entire day.

8. People seem to have a lot more respect for you when you have a matching bandage on both your elbow and your hand.

9. Bruises come as a result of being poked four different times—meaning 4 amazing bruises.

10. I couldn’t figure out why I am so drained today…a-ha! It was the missing 7 vials of blood!!

Goodnight!!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Ooh, small veins...no good. My mom was a phlebotomist. I hope you are feeling much better.

¡Vieve! said...

That bruise was pretty gnarly - and good work at getting that much blood out at least! :0