Friday, May 31, 2013

I love to smile…especially when I am remembered.

I am loving this “Smiling Campaign”.  I hope you are too! 

I want to share something that truly makes me smile.  I love when I am remembered.  Genuinely remembered.  I love it when I receive sweet notes in the mail.  I love it when I receive phone calls that make me smile and cry happy tears.  I love when friends and family drop by to just say “HELLO”.  I love being remembered.  I love feeling special.  Well, tonight, I would like to share with you something that makes my heart fill with warmth and truly brings a smile to my heart.  

When I look at the calendar every May, I scan the days and events that are scheduled to take place and my eyes notice one particular day.  A day that brings an immediate tear to my eye, a lump in my throat and gloominess to my soul.  This particular day is Mother's day.  I love my Mom so much and I am grateful to be able to celebrate it her each year but there is that sadness that enters the heart because my greatest desire is to be a mom.  A mom who laughs, giggles, teaches, hugs, plays, cheers, reads bedtime stories, cuddles , mends, feeds…and the list goes on and on.  Yes, my greatest desire in life is to be a mom.  I know that right now in my life, I don’t get to be something that I cherish the most.  So, every Mother’s day, my heart hurts just a little, tears fill my eyes just little more frequent and the sadness (even though I try to hide it) stays a little bit longer. 

BUT…I have a special friend that remembers me on this particular day.  A friend who has the most incredible Christlike characteristics.  A friend who has so much tenderness and kindness in her little soul.  A friend that I yearn to be more like each and every day.  A friend who brings a smile to my face and heart when the smiles are hard to come by. 

2013-05-11_22.15.57

This Mother’s day, I received the most beautiful gift…actually three gifts from my special friend.  A sunflower, diet coke and peanut M&M’s…she truly knows me. Thank you my sweet friend.  You truly brought a smile to my heart!!  You truly amaze me with your sweetness and kindness.  I can’t even describe the way that you make me feel.  You truly are a blessing to my heart.  I just love you!!

I love to smile when remembering wonderful memories!  Don’t you?

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

That is so incredibly sweet that you have such a great friend who brings you such awesome stuff.

Gerb said...

She is such a sweetheart. And I can tell you that I know she really looks up to you.