Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It is time to smile…General YW Broadcast

I realized that life has gotten crazy and sometimes I forget to do what I love to do best…smile and laugh. So…today as I was scanning the pictures on my camera, I decided to dedicate the next several days to things that bring a smile to my face.

Let’s start…I love my calling in the church. I love  being  surrounded by amazing leaders and incredible young women. They truly bring a smile to my face and a bigger smile to my heart.  So..let’s check out this event that brought a huge smile to my face.    

The General YW Broadcast was held on Saturday, March 30st. For the past few years, we have held a dinner prior to the broadcast and decided to continue on with this tradition. We feel that inviting the young women in our stake, their parents and leaders to a dinner enhances  the excitement of attending the broadcast and listening to the General Young Women leaders of the church.

Our dinner consisted of a baked potato bar filled with plenty of toppings, salad, rolls and desserts. The Stake provided the baked potatoes and the wards provided the toppings, salads, rolls and desserts. We were grateful for those that were willing to donate so many delicious food items. We had a wonderful turnout with approximately 96 in attendance. This included young women, their mothers (and a couple of fathers) and leaders. It was so much fun.  I love that there were so many smiles!!

 

DSC_0598

DSC_0599

DSC_0600DSC_0601DSC_0602DSC_0603DSC_0604DSC_0607DSC_0608DSC_0609DSC_0610DSC_0611DSC_0612After the dinner, we proceeded into the Chapel to listen to the General leaders of the church. It a wonderful night enjoyed by many.

Ok…didn’t these pictures  bring a smile to your face?  I know that they did mine.

I love to smile!!

~Michelle 

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Everyone looks like they're so happy and having so much fun! I'm so glad your calling brings you so much joy - it would be awful if you didn't like it!