Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I love sweet little gifts.

scriptures I love tender mercies that our sent from our Heavenly Father.  I seem to receive those sweet little gifts from Him when I need them the most.  They seem to come when I am questioning the purpose of my life and mostly, when I am wondering if I really make a difference in anyone’s life.  You know those moments when you just question your existence?  I have been deep in thought the past little while on those types of questions…just wondering…you know…deep in thought.  Knowing all my questions and thoughts that have been plaguing my mind, my Heavenly Father sent me a tender mercy.  I won’t share all the details…for they are too sacred to share but I do want to share apart of it….

A few days ago, I had finished studying my scriptures and was falling fast asleep (that never happens…the falling fast asleep) when I heard my cell phone “chime”.  It was late (or should I say early in the morning)…I hadn’t officially fallen into a deep sleep so I will say it was late.  I checked my phone.  It was a text. 

“Michelle?”

I responded, “What?”

“Will you please pray for me?” At that very moment, I did.  My heart filled with pure love for this sweet young woman.

She then asked “Can you have faith for me?”  “I can and I will”… was my immediate response. 

My thoughts and prayers were with this special young woman throughout the night and into the morning.  How grateful I am to know that we have an Eternal Father in Heaven who loves each one of us individually.  He is aware of everything that we are going through from the challenges of everyday life to the exciting moments that bring us happiness and joy. I am grateful for such a strong testimony of the knowledge that He is there.  I am grateful for a testimony of the power of prayer.  So grateful for it.

Tired and exhausted…I arrived at work with only a couple of hours of sleep. As I was pondering on the events that took place during the night, I heard my phone “chime” again.  It was from this sweet young woman.  It read, “Michelle, I love you!” The tears began to flow.  The loss of sleep and worry was well worth it…for those 4 words brought amazing peace and calmness into my heart with so much gratitude.  I am grateful that I have the opportunity and privilege to have these precious daughters of God in my life.  They help build my testimony each and every day and strengthen my faith in ways that I don’t think that I can even describe.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve.  I love tender mercies sent from above especially when I need them the most. I love them!! 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I know you mean so much to so many people - especially all of your young women. Thank goodness they have you around for them.